card verification

Hachikosora
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to add my card however whenever i try to do so, it says that it will deduct some amount. The amount says 0.0 dollars and after i do the payment, it first says confirming with visa and then this: "

We couldn't confirm your information

Your card is still linked to your PayPal account, but you can't use it for purchases until you confirm that you're the owner. Try confirming again or contact the card issuer."
I don't understand what I have to do next. International payments are allowed in my account and all, so does it work differently for cards? My card is an international debit card though. Shouldn't some amount be deducted?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Hachikosora,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to confirm your card. When you initiate the confirmation process, we will make a small charge to your card. The charge with a 4-digit PayPal code will appear on your card statement within 2-3 business days. You can review your card statement and complete the confirmation process by entering the code. Here's how to finish confirming your card with your 4-digit PayPal code:

Go to your Payment Methods.
Click the card you want to confirm.
Enter the 4-digit code and click Confirm.

If you don't see the code, please reach out to your card issuer. You can also reach out to our team through the contact options listed in this page for any additional assistance.

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.