Restricted: Removing a Credit Card or Debit Card from one PayPal account and linking it to another.

Irritable
New Community Member

PayPal disgusts me. 

Firstly let me repost the issues faced by another user before adding my contribution.

The User's Experience:

Contributor sd40718
Posted on  Apr-07-2018 04:33 PM

I removed a credit card from one PayPal account and then tried to add it to another PayPal account.  The message says the card is linked to another account and needs to be removed first (but it was already removed).  I called PayPal, the rep told me a credit card can only be linked to one PayPal account.  Even after you remove it from the PayPal account, you can't add it to another PayPal account, because it's already registered.  The only way to add that particular credit card to another PayPal account, I'd have to call my bank and have them replace my credit card with a new number.

I find this a bit ridiculous, and hard to believe.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Thanks.

My Experience: 

I opened a Paypal account in the US and linked a Debit card issued in the Caribbean. I used my US address on it and everything. I then returned to the Caribbean and there were some restrictions on my account. I could not add money to my balance nor could I send or request money from persons outside the USA. 

I deleted the account.

I created a new account with my local (Caribbean) address and tried to link the card issued in the Caribbean again. This is restricted and I cannot get past the prompt to remove the card from the other account it is linked to first. This is completely absurd as I not only removed the cards, I also deleted the account. I then went to search the Web for this issue and found a contribution by sd40718

I tried to comment on it but Paypal responded by saying you are viewing the PayPal Community Archives. This content may be old or outdated. And,  you do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

THIS IS ABSURD and PayPal cannot censor users from commenting on issues that are posted that have not been addressed. 

For those of you who don't know yet, PayPal is not allowing you to connect your credit or debit card to another account if you remove it from the account you initially connected it to.
Therefore it is of paramount importance that you DO NOT link your card to PayPal or you ENSURE you're sure that you would be using that account for the life of your card. 

On the point of sd40718 stating "The only way to add that particular credit card to another PayPal account, I'd have to call my bank and have them replace my credit card with a new number." all coupled with my persistent restriction and prompt to remove the card....THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE BY PayPal 

PAYPAL YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR FAULTY, SITE THAT LACKS ALL TRANSPARENCY AND MISLEADS PERSONS INTO THINKING THEY CAN INDEED LINK THEIR CARD TO A NEW ACCOUNT AFTER REMOVING IT FROM THE ACCOUNT THEY INITIALLY ADDED IT TO. A DISCLAIMER NEEDS TO BE PUT ON THE SAME PAGE BEFORE PERSONS LINK THEIR CARDS BECAUSE THIS IS ABSURD AND AMOUNTS TO AN ABUSE OF POWER!
PAYPAL YOU DISGUST ME!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Irritable 

Not reading all that, lose the bold / caps lock and large print and you may get more views.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.