Paypal says I have no Bank account to link?

Yunama-Official
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason when I try to link my bank account to Paypal, which I know is supposed to work since I've linked to another account before. It says that I don't have an account to link, and tells me the account may be "new" but I've had the same bank account for years. If someone can help me figure out whats going on, I'll be forever grateful!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yunama-Official 

As you haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately we can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yunama-Official
Contributor
Contributor

Oh I'm so sorry! I live in Canada.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Yunama-Official

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues adding a bank to your PayPal account. Are you experiencing this issue as you're trying to login or when you're trying to add the bank? 

If you're experiencing login issues, I would recommend double-checking the spelling of the email address you're entering. If it's an unknown email address, you may get the error "this is a new PayPal account," etc. 

If you're seeing this while adding a bank, here's a Help Center article you may find useful: Why can't I link a bank account to my PayPal account?

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.