Negative balance

Krissyjay
Contributor
Contributor
Hello first time user here. I paid for a airbnb stay using PayPal. This transaction was paid in two payments the final payment was February 29th 2020. I just notice today March 10,2020 that I have a negative balance with paypal due to that payment not going through. I am confused as there was suffient funds to cover the payment. Today at noon I checked my bank account and it was debited the exact amount that was owed today March 10, 2020. I recently checked again and paypal is still saying I have a negative balance. When transactions are being paid through paypal does it usually go through if there isnt sufficient funds? I don't usually keep funds in my paypal account as its connected directly to my bank account. What should I do in this matter regarding the negative balance. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Tommy

@Krissyjay,

We cannot see the details of your account right now via this channel. I advise you to contact us via the contact us section at the bottom of your account or via Twitter/Facebook. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

keptoman2
New Community Member

Basically, I bought some stuff on steam while my bank account was low, but the payment still went through. Paypal thought I didn't have enough money so it put me in negative, but it still took from my bank account. So ~100$ is missing from my bank account and my Paypal. Can I get it back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.