My pre-approved payment to GCash gets stuck and doesn't allow me to cash-in

sanasanz
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using Paypal to GCash cash-in for years... Just this month, it started giving me notifications that I can't cash-in and that I need to relink my Paypal. Before, when this error arrives I just relink with no issue.. Now when I do this, I get stuck in Step 8 which is to close and continue in the PayPal window inside the Gcash app. I successfully receive and email even if I haven't pressed the "Save and Continue" button and when I try to cash-in I get sent the same error to relink my Paypal. Please help.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @sanasanz

Congratulations on your first post in the PayPal Community! 

I understand you're having trouble linking GCash and your PayPal account, and I'm very sorry to hear that. Based on the error you're receiving, I recommend clearing your cache and cookies or trying a different web browser when you try linking the two again. You'll also want to ensure your name and contact information match on both accounts. If the error persists, you can also find more information on GCash's website here: GCash

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Pie31
New Community Member

I am having a similar issue. Gcash tells me to relink my paypal account. I have received an email about some preapproved payments but when i open the paypal website i cant find  the preapproved payments, just automatic payments. anyway, have you resolved your issue? thanks!

Login to Me Too

sanasanz
Contributor
Contributor

I tried again yesterday. Same problem. Ugh. The GCash ticket has been running for 3 weeks already. 

Login to Me Too

kimex11
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue for more than 3 weeks aready. I’m looking for any remedy to solve this problem because I think the dev cannot solve this API code asap. I understand the gravity of the situation. However, Ive been using othet alternative like payoneer and maya but it comes with a 1% per transanction. Such a pain in th neck! Hopefully they can fix gcash relink to save us from fees.
Login to Me Too

sanasanz
Contributor
Contributor

Same! I've been using Maya. [removed] fee.. 😂 I tried again yesterday. Same problem. Ugh. The GCash ticket has been running for 3 weeks already.  

Login to Me Too

pinkishcutie
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem since November 2022 and GCash told me that I am fully verified in their end and there should be no problem. They told me that there might be limit to my Paypal account. I checked my Resolution Center and there were no cases or issues in my end. So I contacted the Paypal for them to verify if I have any issue. The Paypal assured me that my account is clear and has no issues, and that I should be able to cash in on Gcash. Paypal cancelled my current preapprove payment and told me to link it again using Gcash app then to try cash in. The relinking had no problem, though after Authorize, Save and Continue, it shows Webpage not available, I'm not sure if its a bug then Paypal confirmed I have approved preapproved payments again, so I tried to cash in. Unfortunately, I receive again the same message. "Sorry, your cash in via PayPal cannot be processed. Please re-link your PayPal account to your GCash account to be able to cash in again. For more information on re-linking visit the GCash Help Center." I am really frustrated. Paypal told me to ask GCash again for further checking. My GCash ticket is still processing and told me that they are aware of the issue and checking. Until now, there is still no updates. I regularly ask them and update them that I am trying everyday even the minimum amount but I get the same error over and over. GCash said my account has no issues. Paypal said my account has no issues as well. Why am I still unable to cash in? Its been 2 months already. 🤧🥺😭
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.