I do not receive a 4-digit verification code from PayPal

Dimo5
Contributor
Contributor

After entering all the data from my new Visa card and confirming, the following message appears -  You are authorizing a payment to PAYPAL for 0 US Dollar to ..........

And accordingly, I do not receive a 4-digit verification code! I'm making multiple attempts!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dimo5 

You need to wait 2-3 business days for the code to arrive as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/bg/cshelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-credit-or-debit-card-with-paypal-HELP15...

If you have made multiple attempts then you need to wait for the 'last' amount/code to show as each time you request it cancels the previous request.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dimo5
Contributor
Contributor

I'm waiting for more days!  The problem is clearly that every time the payment that is authorized to PayPal is for $0. There is no real transaction!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Dimo5,

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Help Forum!

Thanks for the help @kernowlass! When you link your card, PayPal will send an authorization charge to your card issuer to ensure the card is active. It's possible the charge you're referring is an authorization charge. To get the 4-digit code to complete the confirmation process, you need to click on the confirm link next to the card in your PayPal account. Here's how :

Go to your Wallet.
Click the card you want to confirm.
Click the Confirm Card link. (If you don’t see the link, we’ve automatically confirmed your card and there’s nothing else you need to do.)
Review the information and click OK.

Once you click the confirm option, PayPal will make a small charge with 4-digit code to your card by 2-3 Business days. If you can't find the code after the time frame, you can contact your card issuer or request a new one to be resent. You can enter the 4-digit code in your wallet page to complete the confirmation process. After you confirm your card, we’ll immediately refund the charge. You can also reach out to PayPal support team for any additional assistance. 

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Dimo5
Contributor
Contributor

In both posts I write clearly - PayPal DOES NOT charge my card! After going through the entire described procedure and confirming my card, a message appears - You are authorizing a payment to PAYPAL for 0 US Dollar to 04/06/23

NO real transaction is being made from my card..... and no code!!! Why?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.