I closed my account without removing the card and nowI'm unable to link my card with

Deroy
Contributor
Contributor
I once created my account and linked a card but I was unable to receive money; I after decided to close my account and try with a different account and there, they told me that the cards is linked to another PayPal account and so I decided to open the account again with the first email and there now they tell me that there is a error! I need a help please
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deroy 

Firstly if you closed a paypal account with the card still linked then only customer services 'may' be able to remove it for you.

Secondly best to have asked about the option of receiving funds before you closed the account as that account would have been fine for purchasing items.

However the option to receive paypal payments is not available in Burundi.

You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Deroy
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much but how can I reach the Customer service?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Deroy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! You will be able to see your contact options by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, or you can PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Deroy
Contributor
Contributor
How can I solve this problem with my card? I can't link it to my account I think it is because I closed the account without removing it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.