How to add a bank with not digital BIC (SWIFT BIC code)?

ivanmaximov
Contributor
Contributor

I need to link (add) a new bank to my PayPal. BIC is [removed] but a 9 digits are asked. Account nomber(IBAN) is [removed].....6 but a 20 digits are asked. How to add such a physical bank (Zepter Bank)?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivanmaximov 

As you haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately its hard for us to advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ivanmaximov
Contributor
Contributor

What country I have to add?
I have an account in Zepter Bank which is a Swiss bank based in Belarus. I live in Thailand.
I am a citizen of the Russian Federation.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivanmaximov 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

If you are living in Thailand you would need to add a Thai bank account / cards.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ivanmaximov
Contributor
Contributor

OK.
I will open account in Thailand. But the question is:
system asks for BIC and an account nomber consisting only of DIGITS! New banks have BIC and IBAN with many LETTERS!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivanmaximov 

If you open a Thai paypal account then you can add whatever funding source the Thai authorities allow you to add.

If you are allowed to add a bank it would be a Thai bank account that would be able to be linked to that Thai paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ivanmaximov
Contributor
Contributor

FINE. If I create a NEW PayPal account with a Thai address, I can add a Thai bank. But now I can’t withdraw money from my Russian PayPal because of the war. Russian banks are blocked and I cannot add a foreign bank. Why does PayPal regularly ask me to add a new bank and withdraw money if this is not possible?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivanmaximov 

As Paypal is country specific you should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.
So if you were still in Russia you 'may' have still been able to withdraw the funds only, everything else would be blocked but as you are now in another country its unlikely you can withdraw funds from an international account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ivanmaximov
Contributor
Contributor

"if you were still in Russia you 'may' have still been able to withdraw the funds only, everything else would be blocked "

Withdraw the funds also blocked. I tried many times in 2022 with different Russian banks. Every time - "ERROR".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.