Error while trying to link my bank to my business Paypal account (from my personal Paypal)

Anbar1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I'm trying to migrate my bank account from my personal Paypal to my business paypal.
For that matter, one important step is to unlink my bank from my personal Paypal so I can add it to my business Paypal because we can't have the same bank linked on two different Paypal accounts.
I did just that before trying to add my bank to my business Paypal but it's giving me an error;

"Something went wrong

We couldn't link your bank. Try again later."

Is it because it takes time for the system to remove the bank from my personal Paypal? How long would it take? How do I know that my bank is fully removed from my personal Paypal or If I skipped an important step? Or if the problem relies on other thing I don't see?

Thank you for taking the time to read this! I hope we can find a solution together.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anbar1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I tried again 2 days latter and with another method the page gave me (with small deposit that can take 2-3 days and then fill the amount as a confirmation) and after that my bank got successfully linked!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anbar1 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-remove-a-bank-account-from-my-paypal-account-fa...

If you're removing your only bank account linked to PayPal, you must choose a new primary bank.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anbar1
Contributor
Contributor

I had more than 1 bank account linked to my personal Paypal, and the one I wanted to remove and migrate to my business paypal wasn't the primary bank.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Anbar1,

Thank you for the post and welcome to the Community Help Forum!

I apologize for the inconvenience caused while unlinking your financials. Based on the error message that you've got, it seems like our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction/activity to keep you safe. Any activity of adding or removing cards/banks can often be declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity or not safe for your account in the future. In this case, I would recommend trying again at later time. If the issue persist, you can certainly contact our customer support team through the available options on our website for further assistance.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
Solved

Anbar1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I tried again 2 days latter and with another method the page gave me (with small deposit that can take 2-3 days and then fill the amount as a confirmation) and after that my bank got successfully linked!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.