Cant connect card, can send and receive funds, cannot withdraw?

unfunnyfennec
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 2 weeks ago i had no issue withdrawing money from my paypal account. I work as an illustration freelancer and the funds i recieve and withdraw are inconsistent, but havent had any issues in the past 5 years ive been using my account. Now, suddenly, i was unable to withdraw funds from my account (keep in mind i can send and receive funds).

I searched it up, thought it may be a bug then i removed and tried reconnecting my card to the account, only to be greeted with a message:'' Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions.''

A bit weird since i tried relinking my card literally minutes after removing it. Since it was the weekend i had no way to contact my bank, so i tried linking my dads card instead. Got the same answer. Researched a bit more to find out name has to be the same on the card and on the account, so i proceeded to change my paypal name to my dads name, only to try to link his card AGAIN, and get the exact same message again. (note: my dad and i are not in the same bank and not the same card type- visa and mastercard)

Next, i tried making a NEW paypal account, with new details new phone number and my name, then link my card to it, to get the SAME message?? My name and address MATCH the card and the account.

Since i live in Serbia and paypal is pretty new here (since 2016-7 i think), they recently removed their app from the app store, so i thought maybe the fact that i live in this country may have given me new limitations. I contacted my friend who also lives here, and she said she doesnt have any issues with withdrawing money. So whats the problem here?

I tried contacting them with the resolution center, following their instructions to find account limitations tab, but their instructions talk about things that aren't there. I tried everything to find a way to contact them but its impossible unless i select a transaction i have an issue with or simply call them. I dont want to select a transaction if i dont have issues with them. Please help it makes me feel anxious knowing my money is simply not connected to anyone and i may not be able to get it back.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.