strange descriptions in bank account for pp transactions

srobak
New Community Member

This has been an issue for me for a while, and PP help was unable to help - only offering to cancel transactions rather than answering the question, so I thought I would try here. 

I use PP to send money to my wife's PP account which is tied to her bank account in the Philippines, and she then transfers it to her family. She gets the money right away, even though it shows up as a pending transaction right away in my bank account - and stays in that state for 2 to 3 days.  During that time it doesn't have her name attached to it in my bank account... usually just some random name or business.  After a few days it then changes from a pending transaction to a past transaction, and the name is correct.   Yesterday was payday and last night I transferred some money, per usual - and this morning I am doing some bookkeeping and saw the pending transaction name which gave me a chuckle and prompted me to post here. 

Paypal customer service even on the phone can't explain and only offers to cancel the transaction if I think it is fraudulent. I did that the first time I discovered this issue - and it of course caused a whole mess of problems for my then fiance.  PP's only other answer is to contact my bank.  I talk to them and they have no idea - they only process it how PP presents it to them, and that I should contact them.  Finger-pointing ensues. 

Does anyone have any idea why/what this craziness is all about? It is now morbid curiosity on my part. 🙂   

Thanks!

srobak_0-1678553592639.png  

srobak_1-1678553614041.png

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.