helpp

secretgravity
Contributor
Contributor
my card keeps getting declined, i already contacted the bank and they told me they didn’t block the card. i dont know what to do im so sad i need to pay for something 😭 it kept telling me that that theres an issue with my funding source and stuff please help 😞
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@secretgravity 

You can't add a local bank account / and rarely a debit card in your country.
You can only link a visa credit card.

Also the option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Cambodia.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@secretgravity 

You can't add a local bank account / and rarely a debit card in your country.
You can only link a visa credit card.

Also the option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Cambodia.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

secretgravity
Contributor
Contributor
hello, thank you so much for replying!! i appreciate it so much. i’ve contacted my local bank again and they told me to try logging out, removing my credit card and all that, tried it multiple times and still didn’t work… im not trying to receive payments but i’ve sent payments before and they’ve successfully worked, but just not today 😞 have you or anyone you know gotten that type of decline before?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@secretgravity 

Are you using a CREDIT VISA as per my first post?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

secretgravity
Contributor
Contributor

yes, my credit card is the visa type!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@secretgravity 

ok and have you confirmed it as per link?

https://www.paypal.com/kh/cshelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-credit-or-debit-card-with-paypal-HELP15...

Does the billing address of the card exactly match your paypal account address?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

secretgravity
Contributor
Contributor

well... i've been trying to do that yesterday but i can't since it declined my card 😞 i did try to put the billing address the same thing and even if it wasn't before, it's never been a problem. i'm so sorry for bothering you ughh i dunno what's wrong with it. my local bank told me to keep removing and then adding it again, and so i did a few times to the point where it won't let me link the card anymore and it declines adding it completely (probably because of overload or something) 😞 also, my uncle tried to scan and link his card and then it declined as well so i feel like it's the country problem. i tried everything....... do you know any way to contact paypal support that's not a chat bot? like an actual person to call? because i found it in the contact page but i need to know the "+" number in front of it since i'm calling from overseas if that makes sense.

thank you so much for trying to help and baring with me! i really appreciate it, it really stressed me out these two days. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.