Why is one of my transactions flagged with a little clock?

Grimreepr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I noticed that one of my transactions is flagged with a little clock, The item has not been shipped, but the funds were removed from my account several days ago.  Anyone know why, or have a suggestion?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grimreepr 

There are times however when its you and the seller / recipient that take the wait for the echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Back up card has expired or needs updating.
2. You have had a recent negative balance or failed bank transfer (so paypal are not going to credit the seller in advance in case it happens again).
3. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
4. Friends / family payments *funded from a bank account* as this option is free then its you that takes the wait this time.
5. Clearing a negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grimreepr 

Sounds like a pending echeque. Seller does not normally ship until it has cleared.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Grimreepr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Is there anyway I could tell if it was indeed an echeque?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grimreepr 

There are times however when its you and the seller / recipient that take the wait for the echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Back up card has expired or needs updating.
2. You have had a recent negative balance or failed bank transfer (so paypal are not going to credit the seller in advance in case it happens again).
4. Friends / family payments *funded from a bank account* as this option is free then its you that takes the wait this time.
5. Clearing a negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Grimreepr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That would do it as the charge was in excess of $1,000 for a new CPAP machine.  So Paypal is probably playing it safe and waiting for the funds to 100% clear before they would insist on the machine to be shipped.  Quite understandable.  I was not aware there was such a thing as an echeque, I thought all transfer's were done instantly through their software.  Live and learn!

Login to Me Too

Grimreepr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

DOH, I gave the wrong person the correct answer!  But the answer that is there has the complete information so someone else might be saved the trouble.  Thanks for the help, and sorry I messed it up!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Grimreepr,

Thanks for your posts! I have been able to move the accepted solution marker from your post to the post that @kernowlass made. She's rocking with the solutions and getting close to 25,000! 🙂

Happy to help!

Olivia 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Grimreepr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

AWESOME!  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.