Vinted no longer gives PayPal as a payment option. Why?

Temp20231024CL
Contributor
Contributor

Vinted no longer gives PayPal as a payment method. Does anyone know why. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Temp20231024CL,

Thank you for your post!

I do understand your frustration with this. The payment options on a website depend on the merchant. The merchant chooses what options they have on their website to process payments. 

If PayPal is no longer an option, it would mean they have chosen to remove PayPal. I would suggest you contact them for further details on this. You will need to use an alternative payment provider to process your payment to this specific merchant. 

Thank you!

- Rachel 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ikaerus
New Community Member

i really want to know the answer too, it works just fine 2 days ago, and now i can't pay with Paypal anymore.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Temp20231024CL,

Thank you for your post!

I do understand your frustration with this. The payment options on a website depend on the merchant. The merchant chooses what options they have on their website to process payments. 

If PayPal is no longer an option, it would mean they have chosen to remove PayPal. I would suggest you contact them for further details on this. You will need to use an alternative payment provider to process your payment to this specific merchant. 

Thank you!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Dorikururi
New Community Member

Because Vinted knows there's scammers on the platform and Paypal is the only surefire way to get your money back if scammed.
If you refund it through Paypal they lose money instead of the seller, they don't want that and want everything to go through their refund system cause they aren't obliged to do anything. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.