Unable to Accept Partial Refund

nch01
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to accept a partial refund and it's never able to go through. A screen loads reading, "We're sorry, it looks like something went wrong on our end." This has been happening every single time I try to accept the refund and it's been going on for days. Should I ask the seller to put it through again?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Frederick12
New Community Member
Want to send money for items but person wants a screen shot of paypal payment. Is this a scam
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nch01 

Refunds are automated so you don't need to accept them.

OR do you mean someone is 'sending' you a payment as a refund?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nch01
Contributor
Contributor

Basically, I had done a dispute and opened a case against the seller and in our messages that is where the seller had sent my partial refund. It gives me the option to decline or accept my offer and this is where my problem happens where it is unable to go through.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nch01 

Sounds odd that you can't accept it, have you tried another browser or device?

If no luck make sure you escalate before the dispute times out at 20 days and in the meantime contact customer services to see if they can accept it for you?

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.