Transfer Error

AJM14
Contributor
Contributor
I received money in my Paypal account from a friend and it automatically tried to transfer the money to my debit card. It failed but it's not something I want to do. I prefer to have the funds in foreign currency. Is the a way to stop Paypal from attempting the transfer automatically?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AJM14 

https://www.paypal.com/eg/legalhub/recpymt-full

This policy applies to users in the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Dominica, Egypt, Fiji, French Polynesia, Grenada, Lesotho, Malawi, New Caledonia, Palau, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Seychelles, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.

1. Eligibility:

1. In order to receive payments into your PayPal account, you must link your US bank account or Visa credit card to your PayPal account and complete PayPal’s credit card and/or bank account verification process.

2. Automatic Transfer:

1. On a regular basis, PayPal will automatically transfer the amounts from your available PayPal Balance to your US bank account or Visa credit card.
  2. The automatic transfer will occur within the first 3 days of each month, quarter, or applicable period in the country in which you reside.
  3. There is no fee for automatic transfers to your US bank account or Visa credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AJM14
Contributor
Contributor
So basically there's no way for me to maintain a Paypal Wallet balance in GBP? Whenever someone abroad sends me money it will automatically transfer into my one of my debit cards? I wanted somewhere I could receive and save GBP but if it automatically transfers into my home country's debit cards then it defeats the purpose for me.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AJM14 

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.