Sold a virtual item, Account Limited. Funds on Hold

HelpMe123123

Hello, I sold a Virtual Item for 5EUR and now my account is Limited, And all the funds are on hold, this is so unnessecary please fix my account I don't have access to a Photo ID so am i **bleep**? I knew i should of listened when people told me paypal was bad 😒

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HelpMe123123 

PayPal need to verify that you are who you say you are to comply with regulations.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HelpMe123123

Someone sent with F&F and it went throguh  I dont have a iD!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HelpMe123123 

You mean this sale was paid with friends and family?

Why you don’t have ID? Write a note explaining why, pdf it and upload to the request.

Limitations are implemented to help protect PayPal, buyers and sellers when they notice restricted activities, an increased financial risk, or activity that appears to us as unusual or suspicious. Limitations also help PayPal collect information necessary for keeping your PayPal account open.

You will need to resolve any problems with your account before a limitation can be lifted. Normally, this is done after you give PayPal the information they request. However, if they reasonably believe a risk still exists after you have gave them the information, they may take action to protect PayPal, their users, a third party, or you from reversals, fees, fines, penalties, legal and/or regulatory risks and any other liability, including violating the user agreement and/or acceptable use policy.

They can permanently limit your account if you cannot provide ID. Then you can withdraw money 180 days later. Try to get photo ID if nothing is stopping you, to restore access to your account.

Login to Me Too

HelpMe123123

I have a drivers license and everything was great!!! i was getting money left and right as F%F then someone sent as business and my acc was limited, I have now sent my ID to paypal please check it

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HelpMe123123 wrote:

I have a drivers license and everything was great!!! i was getting money left and right as F%F then someone sent as business and my acc was limited, I have now sent my ID to paypal please check it

Yep, that happens. PayPal will check your information. No one here can check it. In the forums, only advice is given. Not for dealing with specific account issues.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.