Sent money to a friend

Temp20240127A
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money from my bank account via PayPal to a friend. (as a matter of urgency to help them with a stressful situation) A note popped up saying this payment can take up to 24hour. I thought "ill send it another way" so I clicked the back button. Anyway the money has left my bank account and it's not showing as a transaction on my bank or as pending.. And it's not showing on PayPal statement either.. I spoke to my bank and they said they can't see any payments made even tho there's money missing and to contact PayPal!. I need this money. Is it a glitch?! Will I get it back x

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Temp20240127A

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community to ask your question! 

I understand you recently started to send money to your friend but closed out of it at the last minute. Even though you did, the money is missing from your bank, but there's no record on PayPal. I'm sorry to hear of the stress this has caused; I know I'd feel the same way. When you started to send the money, were you logged into your account, or did they send a money request to pay through your email? 

If you weren't logged in and they sent a money request or invoice, then the attempted transaction could show on a guest account. A guest account is created whenever a transaction is made when you're not logged in. However, even if you were logged in, if the payment was never initiated, then it wouldn't show on your account. Since your bank mentioned that there wasn't a transaction, it might be a pending authorization. An authorization is a temporary hold on the money until the transaction is completed. If the transaction isn't completed, most banks will void it after 7-10 days.  

If you still don't see the money deposited back into your account after ten days, please grab a bank statement showing where the money was removed from your account. Once you have the bank statement, you'll want to reach out to Customer Support through one of the options listed on our Help Center here or by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.