Refund to inactive debit card

wjeffries
Contributor
Contributor

I have a refund that has been issued but last week I lost the debit card used for the transaction, and had to cancel it. I need to get the refund changed to the new card or the bank account both are linked to.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wjeffries 

If the card ACCOUNT that both cards belong or belonged to is still open then it should go through fine.
However if its a completely new card / account then it may decline so ask your old card issuer if they can help you recover your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wjeffries
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help.  I spoke to my bank, at which the account is active, along with a new debit card.  They show the transaction getting to them but apparently, they have stopped it.  I spent quite a while on the phone explaining what happened and they are sending me forms to sign which should get to me within 10 days.  Kind of crazy they would stop money coming into my account, but whatever.  I think I will contact the seller and let them know what is going on in case they wonder why the refund is in limbo.  Again, thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.