Receiving payments Error

mrx71
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have an account that I registered a long time ago and have never used it. But a few days ago I had the need to withdraw funds from the freelance site to PayPal. However, when I tried to do this, the payment was rejected almost immediately. The payment did not even reach my account. The transaction list is empty. I contacted the freelance support first, but they said that there are no problems from their side.
Most likely, the problem is that in the account I specified only 1 letter of the last name and the full name. I still have an opportunity to make changes by changing 1-2 characters, as I see it. However, this will not be enough for me. I also have one of my cards linked to the account. What do you advise to do in such a situation?

I suspected that there might be something wrong with my account. However, I would like to know if it is possible to fix this without creating a new account. I'm ready to upload the documents if needed, but I don't see any verification buttons in my account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mrx71
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, country issue, I already get response from support.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrx71 

As you haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately its hard for us to advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

mrx71
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, country issue, I already get response from support.

Login to Me Too

Tomasi99
Contributor
Contributor
I'm also facing this problem and I've been trying to contact PayPal but there's no support agent available everytime been trying for the past 2days now and still can't get a hold of them."REJECTED by system: Error: The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds"I've tried multiple times trying to withdraw my funds from my upwork account to via paypal and it gets rejected. Notifications says that I should re-enable withdraw schedule and payment method and I did. Message showed it was re-enabled succefully but when I requested to withdraw again it gets rejected again funds returned back to my upwork account and tells me to contact customer serviceHi I have some question regarding my account I just wanna ask if it's active? And can I receive and transfer funds from it? I don't have any sort of balance yet but I'm expecting to receive some funds from upwork to my paypal and I'm having issues with it. I've created a ticket with them regarding it and awaiting reply but got a suggestion from a friend to ask PayPal customer support my PayPal status if its active ? Can I recieve funds or I have do some more verifications
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tomasi99 

Read this link as you are in one of the affected countries.
https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.