Question about Discogs "Payment Pending"

Georgie906
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

First post here 🙂

I recently purchased a record from the well-known site: https://www.discogs.com/

I have been charged via PayPal but the status on the site is still showing "Payment Pending" on Discogs.

I looked into the issue on both Discogs and Paypal, and find the below information:

https://support.discogs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011094473-Why-Does-Discogs-Show-Payment-Pending-On-...

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this issue - my account has been charged and the seller will not ship the record until the status is changed from "Payment Pending" to "Payment Received".

Cheers,

George

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Georgie906 

It is what Discogs said.

If you sent a PayPal eCheck, the seller must wait for the eCheck to clear PayPal first before shipping. PayPal will tell seller to not ship until eCheck has cleared. Discogs Order status will change from Payment Pending to Payment Received when eCheck has cleared.

But if after eCheck clears or a instant payment is sent, PayPal puts a 21 day hold on the payment, Discogs order will still have “Payment Pending” status but the seller must ship order, enter tracking number into the PayPal transaction and upon confirmation of delivery by PayPal via tracking, the money is released within 1 day.

See: How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

Seller should understand what the PayPal 21 day hold is all about. If that link don’t work due to location, they should go to the PayPal Help Center from their PayPal account and type “Hold” in the search bar for more information.

The seller has to log on to their PayPal account, click on the transaction and look for this section:

What should I do now?
Ship to the address on this page.
Save your tracking or shipping info.

If they see this section, that means the money is received and they can ship.

If they see that PayPal tells them not to ship, they should not ship.

I guess when seller ships through PayPal Shipping system via the PayPal transaction, Discogs order will update to Shipped automatically. If not, the Seller can update to Shipped status manually in Discogs after shipping order.

You can also post in the Discogs Marketplace forums for specific steps if a payment is subject to 21 day PayPal hold.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Georgie906 

It is what Discogs said.

If you sent a PayPal eCheck, the seller must wait for the eCheck to clear PayPal first before shipping. PayPal will tell seller to not ship until eCheck has cleared. Discogs Order status will change from Payment Pending to Payment Received when eCheck has cleared.

But if after eCheck clears or a instant payment is sent, PayPal puts a 21 day hold on the payment, Discogs order will still have “Payment Pending” status but the seller must ship order, enter tracking number into the PayPal transaction and upon confirmation of delivery by PayPal via tracking, the money is released within 1 day.

See: How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

Seller should understand what the PayPal 21 day hold is all about. If that link don’t work due to location, they should go to the PayPal Help Center from their PayPal account and type “Hold” in the search bar for more information.

The seller has to log on to their PayPal account, click on the transaction and look for this section:

What should I do now?
Ship to the address on this page.
Save your tracking or shipping info.

If they see this section, that means the money is received and they can ship.

If they see that PayPal tells them not to ship, they should not ship.

I guess when seller ships through PayPal Shipping system via the PayPal transaction, Discogs order will update to Shipped automatically. If not, the Seller can update to Shipped status manually in Discogs after shipping order.

You can also post in the Discogs Marketplace forums for specific steps if a payment is subject to 21 day PayPal hold.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Georgie906
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks buddy!

Appreciate the response 🙂

Cheers,

George

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.