Paypal double-hittting me on a hold, says they dont have authority to fix.

addlepatedguy
Contributor
Contributor

So I had a crypto sale put on hold to cover a pending bank transfer in case it failed.  Makes sense, no problem there.   The transfer failed, which caused my paypal account to go negative.  I immediately added funds to cover the negative balance, which should have triggered the release of the hold, as there was no more pending bank transfer, meaning no more risk of loss for Paypal.

The phone CS agent says that the hold just has to stay on for the 6 days, because they dont have the authority to do anything about it.  Is there any way to reach a higher-level agent who is allowed to make common-sense decisions?      

I completely understand Paypal covering themselves from risk, you'll never see me clutching my pearls when they do.  But continuing to hold funds that were specifically earmarked for something that no-longer is an actual thing, seems a little "just because we can" and unnecessary. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DogBurr
Contributor
Contributor

you will have to ask them to escalate it

they have no power but to copy paste answers ,it will take a day or two after they escalate it.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

DogBurr
Contributor
Contributor

you will have to ask them to escalate it

they have no power but to copy paste answers ,it will take a day or two after they escalate it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.