PayPal keeps asking me to add payment method for transaction

travelusmaximus
New Community Member

... , when I already have a linked credit card on file ... then I try to add the same credit card and the next screen asks for payment method all over again. I'm trying to pay a deposit to a legit tour company in Thailand for an upcoming trip. I've never had trouble before with PayPal, it would just automatically proceed using my linked credit card. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Kaiyanna
New Community Member
I have the same problem here
Login to Me Too

Have the same problem 

I do have 2 credit cards linked to my account and usually  hav no problems sending money but when I'm trying  to send money to a certain user   its asking me to add payment method again and again  

when I contacted PayPal's support their respond was quite ridicules  everything is o.k with your account if you're unable to send money to this seller find out another seller with the same service......

instead of facing they have some bug in their system and fixing it they are sending you to work with other seller.... ridicules ...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

Hi, travelusmaximus,

I'm sorry about this. If you received an error message to add another card when you have already added a card, this means that the card you registered might not be supported for payments. 

Since we cannot see the details of your account. I would advise you to contact us directly via the contact section of your account or through Twitter/Facebook. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

juss_fi2014
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem for two days now. I have tried different web browsers like: Safari, Firefox, Opera, Brave. I have also cleared my cache and cookies. Nothing helps.

The problem seems to be with others as well. Is there no solution to the problem?
Will Paypal end here?

Login to Me Too

BridgerC
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. And when I add my payment information again, it says it is already in the system. But it won't let me proceed without adding a new payment method...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.