PayPal from USD to INR

charan113
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue with converting my PayPal balance from USD to INR. I'm based in India, but I'm unable to find the INR currency option for conversion. I have already checked my account settings and ensured that my country is set to India but I can't withdraw money.

I received a message stating that manual transfer of payments is currently unavailable and that PayPal will automatically transfer the funds to my preferred bank account.

If anyone has experienced a similar issue or knows how to resolve it, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. Please let me know if there are any alternative methods or suggestions to transfer PayPal funds to an Indian bank account in INR, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @charan113

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I can understand it can be a bit confusing when you're converting currencies with PayPal. Unfortunately, the option to convert to INR in India is no longer available. Also, I'm sorry to report the option to manually transfer your funds is not available either. Due to India’s regulations, PayPal will transfer your PayPal balance automatically every day to your local bank account. If you’ve more than 1 bank account added to your PayPal account, you can select your preferred bank account for the automatic transfers.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may present, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @charan113

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I can understand it can be a bit confusing when you're converting currencies with PayPal. Unfortunately, the option to convert to INR in India is no longer available. Also, I'm sorry to report the option to manually transfer your funds is not available either. Due to India’s regulations, PayPal will transfer your PayPal balance automatically every day to your local bank account. If you’ve more than 1 bank account added to your PayPal account, you can select your preferred bank account for the automatic transfers.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may present, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

praveenkumart23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi
Does PayPal convert the money to INR before transferring? I would like PayPal to send money in USD and my bank will convert it. Is that a possible option?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @praveenkumart23 

Congratulations for your first post in the PayPal Help Community!

I am happy to help you with your inquiry about the withdrawals in PayPal. All withdrawals are processed in the local currency of the country your account is registered in and this setting cannot be changed. 

Have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.