Over 3 months Pending delivery of payment for a transaction

ykahmed
New Community Member

My PayPal account was setup in Nigeria. By the time I moved to Canada, the visa card registered on it had expired, I needed to make an urgent payment for a transaction by PayPal and I had to use a guest payment mode and use my credit card.  I could not add the new credit card as Paypal refused to provide canada in the card registration column (So I had to use guest mode to pay). Its been 3 months now. the money was not delivered to the recipient and I cannot return it to my account. Very frustrating. I sent a message to their agents through the message centre as there is no "phone number" to call for enquiry. But my issue was not resolved. Kindly advise on how to get my money back. When i checked the transaction log, it shows no transaction as I could not add the credit card used in the  transaction to my paypal account. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ykahmed 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

If the transaction was done as a guest buyer then you would need to contact your card issuer to resolve any issue with the payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.