Money not received by person I thought I’d sent it to - someone I’d sent to before

KazED1
Contributor
Contributor
made a transaction (family & friends) a few days ago to someone who was listed as someone I sent money to before.
They have said they didn’t receive it.
I have now sent £0.01 to their actual email address to test it and they have received that.
When I have researched in the background, it seems to have gone to a different email address and person with the same name.   I don’t know anyone else by this name.
paypal just say it’s an authorised payment. I have sent a message to the email address but no response.
Any advice or help.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KazED1 

If you sent it as friends/family then your only hope is if you funded that payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KazED1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  The credit card company aren’t being very helpful.  I think the person on the chat hadn’t a clue what he was talking about.  He told me my issue was with PayPal.  And when I challenged him, the connection ended!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.