“Money is waiting for you”

Temp20230114E
New Community Member

I have a notice on my dashboard that says “Money is waiting for you” in the amount of $251.78 and I have no idea where it is from. If I click on the icon to accept the money, it gives me several options to receive it, either deposit to my account or PayPal can mail me a check. Is these anywhere I can look to see what this is? There’s nothing in my transaction history.  Is it safe for me to accept the money?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Temp20230114E

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I can understand why you'd want to make sure the transaction you're receiving is legitimate. Normally, to receive a transaction, you would need to confirm the email address or phone number it was sent to. After that, you can choose if you want to keep it in you balance or have it transferred to your bank or card.  Here are a few resources I think you may find useful:

How do I receive money through PayPal?
How do I confirm my email address?

How do I confirm my phone number?

And just in case, here's an article on How to spot fake, phishing, or fraudulent emails. 

Good luck with this and future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.