Making a mistake of sending the money to the wrong email and receiver what do i need to do

Julian_0126
Contributor
Contributor

My friend give me a wrong email address now its taking too much time and i cant use my funds can someone help me idont know what to do its stressing me out

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Julian_0126 

If you want advice at least give us a little information to work with.

How did you send the funds ie friends/family OR goods/services?

Is the payment showing as unclaimed OR pending OR sent OR payment??

How did you fund the Paypal payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Julian_0126
Contributor
Contributor
I sent it via goods/service and the payment is showing as sent and i fund it with my bank account
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Julian_0126,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for responding back with additional information!

Thanks for the help @kernowlass! As the status of the payment shows as sent which means completed, you cannot cancel the payment at this stage. You can try to contact the recipient via email to request a refund. if there's no response, you can report the payment in the resolution center of your PayPal account. You can find the steps to dispute the payment in this article

In the dispute phase(20 days from the date dispute opened), you can exchange the messages with the recipient to get this resolved. If you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate to claim where PayPal intervenes and decides the outcome. You can always check the status and updates of the dispute in the resolution center of your PayPal account.

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.