Made a Google play transaction with Paypal, but there is no transaction in my Paypal activity

dontcare4
Contributor
Contributor

As stated earlier, the transaction went through as normal on Google play's side, with me receiving a receipt from them; but I received no indication of the transaction on Paypal's side (didn't get a receipt nor did it appear in my activity) . In addition, my banking app shows no sign of the transaction either, with no money being deducted from my card. Strangely enough when I now try to make another Google play purchase with Paypal it gets declined.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dontcare4

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear of the transaction declines.

It is possible that the initial transaction that created the billing agreement was declined, but Google may have had a glitch that did not register that the decline occurred and it allowed the purchase to go through. In a situation like that, it's possible that the billing agreement would then be cancelled by Google. You would need to remove your PayPal from the Google account and try to reinitiate the billing agreement to try to resolve that. 

Another possibility is that the initial transaction did in fact go through, but the subsequent ones are being reviewed by our risk prevention measures and declined for protection. That does happen from time to time on legitimate transactions. The best solution for this is to try the transaction a day or two later without trying it at all in the interim, to allow time to reset the review. This timeframe would also apply to the first scenario, since re-establishing the billing agreement is what happens when you make a new payment after removing your PayPal account from your Google Play account.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.