IAT PayPal Payment shows in Bank account but not in PayPal account

Johnsonapple
Contributor
Contributor
I have multiple IAT PayPal payments in my bank account that does not show up in my PayPal account I have looked at both payments I'm being charged for the items let's say $10 and then now another payment popped up for an IAT payment let say $6 extra to the same person so why did I buy a product for $10 and then magically have and other $6 added to it under IAT this does not make no sense and in some cases in my bank account the IAT payments are pay doubled to the same person and none of this is shown in PayPal's activity, account nowhere is this right- is there just some hidden fee I didn't know about or is this a scam - do I need to contact PayPal or my bank
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

cantid
New Community Member

I had something similar happen. As it turns out a charge for something I bought from Canada ($37.25 incl. shipping) was showing as payment (not a pay pal payment) I had a charge on my bank account in the amount of $31.05 under Liquidation IAT paypal. Called both pay pal & bank and no one could identify it. Went back online to my paypal statement and clicked on the seller name next to the charge of $37.25. As it turns out the $31.05 is what $37.25 converts to in US dollars. So bottom line if you order something internationally and they charge your bank acct, click o.n the seller name next to the charge off your pay pal statement and the charge to your bank acct should be whatever the international amount converted to. I bank with First Interstate and my bank said this was not an additional charge for an international purchase as the seller should take that into consideration in the shipping fee they charge you

Hope this helps. 

cantid

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.