Have I lost my money?

Worried127
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday, I linked my VISA debit card (from a new bank) to my PayPal account. Tonight, I transferred $1,188.19 from my PayPal account to the debit card. PayPal sent me an email telling me the transfers were successful. From my experience it takes 2-3 business days for the money to be deposited to my account. That isn’t what worries me. It’s that right after I transferred the money, I tried to confirm my card with PayPal and I was suddenly told that the issuing bank refused it. When I tried to link a Prepaid card (also from the same bank) to my PayPal account like I had with my debit card, it rejected it as well. So will my transferred money even be deposited to my bank account despite PayPal stating that the transfers were successful? Is the money lost in limbo or is there any way of getting the transfer reversed?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Worried127 

Why didn't you confirm the card you withdrew the funds to before you withdrew the money?

Anyway you may still be ok as the card confirmation is normally required for when you send money / fund purchases.

So wait a few days and if it does not complete then it should bounce back to your paypal account balance. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Worried127
Contributor
Contributor

It was a reckless oversight on my part, but only because I've never needed to confirm any card to successfully transfer money to it from my PayPal account. But thank you for your answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.