Fees Goods and Services US to German account

alltoowell
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm from Germany and I might sell a concert ticket to someone from the US. The buyer asked if I could do it via Goods And Services.
I'd now like to know:

a) How much are the total fees for around €400? I've been getting different answers to this searching Google. I have a personal German PayPal account, the buyer has a personal US account.

b) Do I need to add those fees to the asking amount to be sure that I get the actual sale's amount or does the buyer automatically pay it? (The buyer said they are fine with covering all the fees).

c) I have a USD wallet. Will I receive the money in USD or EUR? And if I receive it in USD, does that mean I'll also have to add conversion fees on top of the asked price?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alltoowell 

a.  https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees

b. Normally you can't surcharge your buyer your paypal fee as its against paypal rules. However if the buyer has agreed then you would need to bill the ticket at a price to cover the fee that you will still be charged when the buyer pays.

c. If you can receive USD in your paypal account then you would pay currency conversion fees if you withdrew to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.