Cant withdraw my money. PayPal agents ignoring messages.

Confused48
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place I have some learning difficulties so I will try to explain my problem. I had money deposited to my account which I want to withdraw to my bank. I knew that I wanted to withdraw this money before Christmas so I linked my bank and already withdrawn £8 that was in there already. I setup the direct debit thing. When I tried to withdraw the money I get a message saying sorry there's a problem. I tried again and its the same message so I contacted customer services and the person I spoke with was very friendly and said to wait 48 hours then to try again. So I was very grateful for their advice and tried again after 48 hours but the same problem. I message the advisors again but getting no response. I have asked for a telephone number and also how to make a complaint if I need to. When I have logged in to see if any update to the chat it says chat has ended but no replies. And again I tried to transfer my money and again it fails. So do PayPal want me to spend this money on eBay or something like this? I know PayPal are an eBay company or the other way around. I have been with PayPal for over 15 years and never had one problem. So I'm just looking for some advice as I don't know much about these kinds of things. Do I make a complaint because maybe then PayPal will think I'm a bad person and close my account so then I won't be able to use PayPal to buy anything anymore?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Confused48
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I just wanted to update that PayPal advisors have been very helpful and explained reasons why there are delays. Because some things I have difficulty understanding but they explained it really well. So if anyone else has a similar problem please just speak with the advisors, then they will tell you what to do to make sure everything is ok. Thank you PayPal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Confused48 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 totally separate companies and split years ago. 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cshelp/article/HELP394

Are the funds in your balance cleared / pending OR on hold?

Are your funds in sterling or another currency?

Is the direct debit mandate for paypal showing in your online banking app?

Have you confirmed your bank with the 4 digit code as per link?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cshelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-bank-account-with-paypal-HELP185

Are you withdrawing to a bank account OR a confirmed debit card?

Is the name of the bank account exactly the same as the name on your paypal account?

Is the billing address of the card the same as your paypal account address?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Confused48
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying to me kernowlass. Sorry I didn't know eBay and PayPal were separated now. Yes I think the funds are cleared because I have an email from PayPal saying I have funds. There is no message saying pending or hold Yes it it is in pounds. Yep, the direct debit is showing in my banking app and I've already done the code thing with the PayPal deposit. I'm trying to withdraw to a bank account. I don't have my debit card on there but credit card instead do you think this makes a difference? Yes all name and address are exactly the same. Because I have already made two withdrawals already I know that the details are correct that is why I don't understand why I'm getting this error message. Even if I try just £10 its the same.

(Also do you think that I should try speaking to an assistant again because I got no reply earlier today and message was just ended.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the messages on here or not?)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Confused48 

If you want to contact customer services to check your account then............

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Confused48
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks again kernowlass. I have received a message about making a complaint. Ive already sent messages again, and followed all the advice with no luck. I don't use Facebook or Twitter so I guess I will have to call them. Do you have any advice on this finance ombudsman service please? I have no idea where to even start. The amount of money I'm trying to withdraw is not even that much so if it will cost me more to use their service then that would be a waste. Thanks again for taking the time to help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Confused48 

All I can suggest is maybe try another browser or device.

Or if using the web try withdrawing via the app or vice versa.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Confused48
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I tried all of those things already but I've spoken to an advisor who suggested something else so hopefully fingers crossed. Thanks for replying trying to help, PayPal should put you on the advisor chat
Login to Me Too
Solved

Confused48
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I just wanted to update that PayPal advisors have been very helpful and explained reasons why there are delays. Because some things I have difficulty understanding but they explained it really well. So if anyone else has a similar problem please just speak with the advisors, then they will tell you what to do to make sure everything is ok. Thank you PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.