"Money is waiting for you" claim balance

Temp20220130av
Contributor
Contributor

On my Paypal home page, it says "money is waiting for you" above the amount of money, which is above a button that says"claim it." Is there any way to receive my money without using my bank account, card number, or SSN? I don't exactly feel comfortable doing that for any company. Also, is this the reason I don't have a Paypal balance (even an empty one) under "wallet" either? I have several eBay payments waiting as well.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

guibui

I'm pretty sure they changed something. I don't really think its considered an issue at this point. But it should be

Login to Me Too

CramRenraff
New Community Member

So does somebody have an answer? It seems suspicious to me, saying I have money but not telling me why.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CramRenraff 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Relnez
Contributor
Contributor
I also need help with this.
Login to Me Too

pumpjackdude
New Community Member

IT'S A SCAM!!!  In my PayPal account, I saw there was $130.00 waiting for me.  No information about who or from where.  I followed the advice of a another member on the community and accepted by debit card.  When I did this, a new window appeared asking me if I wanted to direct deposit my paychecks.  There was a routing number associated with the receiving account that I didn't recognize.  Looking it up, it belongs to a Wells Fargo account.  I DO NOT HAVE A WELLS FARGO ACCOUNT!!!      PayPal needs to shut this crap down!

Login to Me Too

AileneStar
New Community Member
I'm from the USA and I keep getting this message as well, saying I have money waiting for me but it's not telling me what it's for or from. Theres a fee to get it (up to 10 dollars) but I'm not sure what to do. It's in USD as well. Any advice anyone?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.