on-hold to pending money

NorHana711
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, this is my first time to use Paypal last March 27, 2023. My client sent a payment to me amounting 4,000 pesos. But as indicated in the dash board it is still on hold and will be available in March 28, 2023. However, it is already March 30, 2023 now and the date indicated of its availability was not there anymore. Meaning, there is no date indicated to it now, and still, I don't have any access in my money. Now, from on-hold it is now in pending. Have you experience the same? How long does it take you to get you money? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Harley125
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @NorHana711

Thanks for joining the Community! 

I realize that this situation is difficult as your payment is on hold. Please don’t worry! Let me check what best I can offer you from my side. However, delaying funds availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the safe and secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. The money still belongs to you.

To release the funds faster please follow one of the below steps:

•Add Tracking. Use one of our approved shipping carriers and we’ll release the hold 1 day after the courier confirmed delivery.

•Update the order status if the held payment is for a service or intangible item (e.g. piano lessons, e-book) and you'll get your money in 7 days.

•Print USPS or UPS shipping labels with us. We’ll track the item and release the hold 1 day after the courier confirmed delivery.

Otherwise, the payment will be released up to 21 days after you received it, provided there aren't any issues with your transaction or account.

Here’s how to add tracking information or change the order status:

1. Go to your Activity.
  2. Find the transaction you would like to update, then click Get your money.
  3. If you sold a product, select Product to add tracking information or print shipping label directly.
  4. If you sold an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status.
  5. Click Submit. Please click here for more details.

I hope this helps! 

- Harley

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

NorHana711
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Ma'am. Thank you for your response. However, there is no other options that I can see here aside from "adding a tracking number". But how am I suppose to do that if what I have sold is an intangible one (my services) ?  Please help me. I will be using my money for my tuition fee.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @NorHana711

Thank you for your reply! And thank you to @Harley125, for your help!

I'm sorry for any confusion. The Add Tracking option is displayed if you chose "Shipped" as the status. Please choose a different status to see other options. 

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.