multiple transactions by mistake

guynimni
Contributor
Contributor

I made a mistake that was caused by a horrible UX in epic-games site.
I was trying to buy 2800 vbucks for my son and the experience was a loop where the cart was always full with that one item and there was no success message which caused me to try to buy it twice again without knowing I've already bought the item.

I asked my son to not use more than 2800 vbucks so we can ask for a refund.
I asked via Paypal site but not sure if they will refund my money in this case (a bit worried).
Did it happen to someone before?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @guynimni,

Thank you for returning to the PayPal Community Forum! Welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear that there was a mistake made in the purchasing of digital currency from the merchant. If the transaction was posted twice due to issues in the merchant's cart and a PayPal Billing Dispute ends up closed in the merchant's favor, I would suggest reaching out to Epic Games to explain the situation. They may be able to credit you to rectify the situation. 

If you have not yet opened a dispute, I would recommend contacting Epic first, as Epic may require that you contact them to allow them to resolved before opening a dispute or chargeback.

I hope this is quickly resolved!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.