Your payment is waiting

MeetShah156
Contributor
Contributor

Your payment is waiting

Congratulations! You have received a payment from ClipClaps.

Before we can deposit the funds into your account, we need a bit more information about your account or recent transactions. To provide that, just log in to your account, and go to your account overview. Select the More menu, then choose the link that takes you to our Resolution Centre.

Please provide the missing information by 28 July 2021, or the funds will be returned to the sender. 

But all the informations are fulfilled by me 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

RAMANATH
New Community Member

How to fix ths problem?i dont get my payment even after 1 month ,anyone know how to solve this?

Login to Me Too

deek2
New Community Member

My Payment Also Waiting. I send email to paypal but they do not give good reply. Paypal feedback is very poor.

They do not give my money. 

Login to Me Too

Sanjaykumarpart
Contributor
Contributor
I don't have any transactions. Before we can deposit the payment into your account, we need a bit more information about your account or recent transactions. To provide that, just log in to your account, and go to your account overview. Select the More menu, then choose the link that takes you to our Resolution Centre
Login to Me Too

sapaliga
Contributor
Contributor

When You receive a payment from PayPal under the subject (Your payment is waiting). Then you have to complete the KYC. Click on help in PayPal and there search for KYC. It will take you to the KYC page. There you can complete your KYC. Once the KYC is done you will receive a mail that your account is verified. After click the chat box in PayPal and type that you have completed your KYC and ask them to resend the payment. You will be replied by the agent and he/she will help you. In this way my same problem of (Your payment is waiting) was solved. Hope your problem will be solved soon. Regards, Thank You.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.