Why cant I remove (not cancel or disable) my inactive automatic payments from my own account?

lkingus
New Community Member

I find it unbelievable that there is no option to delete old automatic payments that are set as inactive.

I now have 3 different inactive automatic payment methods for the same seller (an app where i rarely buy a subscription, and only for a single month) and there is no option to delete them completely.

I did some research and found this same exact question in the Paypal community, from 2014, to which was given no answer; and so here I am, asking for at least an explanation of why is it that i cannot handle my own data as I prefer. What is it that gets in the way of allowing the users to do so, if that is the case?

Maybe the answer was given somewhere else, and in that case I apologize for my question and tone; but if not, I hope I will be given a proper answer to this.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @lkingus,

Welcome to the PayPal community! Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience while canceling the automatic payments agreement. I ask that you please cancel it using a desktop or a laptop for better understanding. If you are having problems, try it again with a different device and a different Wi-Fi. 

To cancel an automatic payment with a merchant:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click Payments.
  3. Below 'Pre-approved payments', click Manage pre-approved payments to find your payment.
  4. Select the payment, and then click Cancel.

If you still encounter the issue, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Help & Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lkingus,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! I understand the frustration you're experiencing with wanting to manage the way that your account looks.

@ali_3 presented the instructions for canceling an automatic payment, but I wanted to add some further information, since it looks like you said that the billing agreements were inactive, and therefore already canceled.

The old inactive automatic payments remain in your account in order to stay on record, as they represent activity that occurred within your account. I understand that they appear to you to be clutter, and I regret the inconvenience.

I understand that this was not the answer that you wanted to see, but I hope that the information I have provided helps a little.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

AUBRIS
New Community Member

I'm sure this is very annoying for everybody. PayPal are insensitive to how people feel.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.