We were unable to set up preapproved payments. Please try again later

MrMagooGarfield
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've been with PayPal for over 12 years. I've just added 2-step verification and changed my password but now when ever i try and use PayPal i get the below message!? I've logged in and out a few times but no luck

'We're sorry. We were unable to set up preapproved payments. Please try again later'

Paypal sent me a message asking for my details on a spreadsheet but it looks sus.... 

[removed link]

Can anyone help please

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Heer_S
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @MrMagooGarfield 

Thank you for posting. I am sorry about the error you are facing. Are you trying to login to PayPal after a long time? It is possible there were preapproved payments on the account that are not debited/authorized for any reason. Please check if there is any Preapproved Payment on the account. If no, I suggest you to perform basic trouble shoot like clearing cache and the history of the device and the browser you are trying to login or you can change the browser. Also, you can check if you are facing same issue with PayPal app. If yes, please contact PayPal Support for better assistance. 

Thank you.

Heer 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.