Two accounts: Online Pay Issues. PayPal won't let me choose which account to pay with.

Melorama2000
Contributor
Contributor

This has been a long-term frustration and I'm about to give up and switch to Square or someone else.

I have two PayPal accounts: one business, one personal. I use the business account for business expenses and the personal one for personal expenses. Simple enough? I'll use the same devices to access both.

But often, when I attempt to make a transaction on some other site that uses PayPal, PayPal will then automatically decide for me which account to use. Further, it doesn't identify which account is being used. And there is no "not you?" link to help me select the right account. I've learned the best thing to do is to back out of the transaction and use some other non-PayPal payment option.

Further: it doesn't even ask for my password, which seems to be a MAJOR security risk.

Today this just happened to me with Safari, Mac OS X -- Catalina, on fandango.com.

(Note: the OneTouch option is turned off. Believe me -- I check often because it's very easy to have it turned back on.)

What am I missing?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vivienbeauchamp 

Stop posting these multiple begging threads...reported..

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.