Transfer not received

Chris_M3
Contributor
Contributor

I used PayPal to try and send money to my brother.  He doesn't have a PayPal account and wasn't able to successfully set one up so he never received the money.  I tried the Dispute Resolution center and they said my only recourse was to ask him for a refund.  However, since he didn't receive the money, PayPal should still have it somewhere.  Is there any way that I can get PayPal to refund the money to me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chris_M3 

If its showing as SENT then it has successfully completed to the email address you sent the funds to that is linked to an active account.

In other words it has gone to the paypal account your brother owns and is still active.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chris_M3 

If he did not have a paypal account then the payment would show as unclaimed on your paypal account and time out at 30 days (if no cancel option available).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chris_M3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, kernowlass, but it's now been more than 30 days since the failed transaction and PayPal has not returned the money to my account.

It sounds like my brother was not able to successfully set up a PayPal account, or if he did set one up, he couldn't log into it, and his bank never received the funds.   It seems like PayPal should be able to verify if the funds were successfully retrieved by a bank, and if that hasn't happened, should refund the money to my account. 

Does PayPal have any customer service other than the automated ones that could check this out for me?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chris_M3 

Are the funds showing as sent / completed / unclaimed / or pending in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chris_M3
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass,

The transaction shows up as Money Sent.  Thanks for your quick response!

Chris

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chris_M3 

If its showing as SENT then it has successfully completed to the email address you sent the funds to that is linked to an active account.

In other words it has gone to the paypal account your brother owns and is still active.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.