Seller sent me change for my cash payment. Shows on his PP I have to "accept the payment"

svanschalkwyk
New Community Member

Seller on Craigslist sent me change for my cash payment. It shows on his PP that I have to "accept the payment". Where does one do that? I didn't receive a notification. 

Would not have happened if PP did not lock my account after one login mistake. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@svanschalkwyk 

If its showing as unclaimed on the senders account then first double check the email address he used and make sure there were no spelling errors.

Secondly have you verified your email address?

Thirdly have you set up a balance account and if not go to activity and see if there is a claim funds and either set up a paypal balance option OR an option to withdraw it to your bank account.

Fourthly are the funds being sent in a currency you can accept?  

Have you verified your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

svanschalkwyk
New Community Member

Hi. 

I typed in my email account and it asked me for my full name, which I typed in myself. 

I pay for three monthly online accounts from PP, and I use it to buy from eBay and Craigslist. Last time I received money for eBay sales was years ago, 

Surely PP should have sent me some sort of notifications? 

Login to Me Too

svanschalkwyk
New Community Member

Currency is in USD.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

Hi @svanschalkwyk,

The recent responses from you are appreciated, along with the detailed questions asked by @kernowlass!

If your information is all correct and up-to-date, then you should be able to accept those funds from a notification on your account. Additionally, you would have received an email from PayPal notifying you of the payment. If the option is not populating, it may be best to reach out to PayPal customer support to have your information reviewed. If you find there are no issues from your end, two things are possible: 1. the issue could be on the seller's PayPal account, or 2. the seller is not providing you with legitimate information. If there was a payment involved, you would open up a PayPal dispute. Our support agents can guide you through that process over the phone as well. Reaching support is rather simple, just visit our Contact page from the PayPal website. Then you will scroll to the bottom and choose from the options presented to you. 

I hope you find resolution soon!

Thank you,

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.