Refund to canceled debit card

szgp
New Community Member

On May 26, I bought an online service with a bank card via PayPal payment gateway (without registration). I initiated a refund, which the merchant from whom I purchased the service evaluated within several days. In the meantime, unfortunately, my bank card that I used to pay with earlier was lost, so it was blocked, a new bank card will be issued by my account managing bank. On the other hand, PayPal notified me in an email today, June 13, that the merchant approved the refund and that the money will arrive on my bank card soon. The only problem is that since then the previous card for which they want to refund has been canceled and banned and I have not received my new card yet. What is the deadline, how will I get my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@szgp 

Where is my refund?

“Debit card

When you pay with your debit card, it usually takes up to 5 business days for a refund to complete. Some refunds can take up to 30 days, depending on the card company. If we can’t apply the refund to your debit card, we’ll add it to your balance with PayPal.”

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.