Refund to a closed account and cancelled credit card

Ozzybey
Contributor
Contributor
in 2019 i had another PayPal account linked to a credit card, the account is closed and the credit card also cancelled. Due to a guarantee problem seller wants to refund me using the payment method which was this cancelled account and ccancelled credit card. Could you please let me know is it possible to receive a refund to a cancelled account with a cancelled credit card?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Ozzybey

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

All refunds will automatically process back to the payment method that was used, even if the account or card was canceled. The financial institution would then redirect the money to a new account with them or send it back to PayPal. Generally, though, refunds are only able to be processed within the PayPal system within 180 days. If the payment is from 2019, it may be unlikely the merchant will be able to process the refund through PayPal.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.