Purchase on eBay, amount is €74,90. Amount of payment on Paypay is €82,99. Why the 9,7% difference?

haki011
Contributor
Contributor
Purchase on eBay, amount is €74,90. Amount of payment on Paypay is €82,99. Why the 9,7% difference?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @haki011 

Sorry for the inconvenience! Exchange rate applies when you send a payment in a currency that isn't your default and the conversion rate will be displayed at the time of payment. You can find more information about sending money in different currency here. PayPal's exchange rates are updated daily. You can find the steps to view the currency calculator and exchange rates here : Where can I find PayPal's currency calculator and exchange rates? For more information on the exchange rate with payments, click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click PayPal User Agreement and go to Currency Conversion Fees.

For more detailed information on the fees and exchange rates, please contact the support team during business hours. You can find all available contact options in this article : How do I contact PayPal customer service?

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @haki011 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community!

I understand your concern about the extra charges reflecting in your PayPal account. Any charges levied by PayPal towards a purchase can be viewed in the transaction details page of your PayPal account. I suggest you to review the details of the purchase in your PayPal activity page and also check with the seller about the extra charges. If these charges only reflect in your PayPal account, you can report this billing error in the resolution center of your PayPal account to get your difference amount back. 

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

haki011
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Bindu, thanks a lot for taking the time.

I have opened the case, because the information available on the transaction details page is not sufficient, yet rather strange.

It shows a 9,7% higher amount than the purchase price on eBay, is calculating based on HUF in a conversion free EUR to EUR transaction, made within the European Community. 

I would like the get clearance on the charges/fees of the transaction, and the reason Paypal recently charges 9-10% more in during recent transactions than before. Earlier the addendum was about 3-4% to my experience.

Due to the fact that Paypal has no regular customer service,  you, the Community is my only hope for clearance.

Thanks again

Akos

Login to Me Too

haki011
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, without a regular Customer Service, one gets redirected to the community. Could anyone please assist me with a reasonble answer? What are the fees of conversion free EUR to EUR transactions within the EU? Why is the rate for EUR/HUF 355,40 instead of the commercial 370??
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @haki011 

Sorry for the inconvenience! Exchange rate applies when you send a payment in a currency that isn't your default and the conversion rate will be displayed at the time of payment. You can find more information about sending money in different currency here. PayPal's exchange rates are updated daily. You can find the steps to view the currency calculator and exchange rates here : Where can I find PayPal's currency calculator and exchange rates? For more information on the exchange rate with payments, click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click PayPal User Agreement and go to Currency Conversion Fees.

For more detailed information on the fees and exchange rates, please contact the support team during business hours. You can find all available contact options in this article : How do I contact PayPal customer service?

Best wishes,

Bindu

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.