PayPal account charging trouble

Davide98
New Community Member

I made a mistake. I charged the paypal account using an unassociated bank account, but both of them are named with same name. The associated account was another one. No error notification at the moment. Will i receive it on paypal? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Davide98,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent transaction. If the request for payment from your bank account is denied, PayPal will normally send a notice to your primary email address to let you know. First we'll attempt your backup funding source - which is set during checkout and normally the debit / credit card on your account. If that debit attempt is unsuccessful, a second attempt will be requested after 3 business days from your bank. After that, if the payment is still unsuccessful, your PayPal balance will normally be taken negative for you to resolve. 

I hope that clears things up a bit, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.