OUTRAGEOUS: Withdrawl of 1100 USD to my VISA card did not arrive after 40 days

raduboloveschi
Contributor
Contributor

Just to share with you what happened to me. 

I made a withdrawal of money from PayPal to my VISA debit card on the 10th of March. 

The money did not get to me until now. 
PayPal is sending me to my issuing bank. My Bank is sending me to PayPal. 

Apparently, the transaction did not get to VISA or ING Bank. 

PayPal support said the transaction is confirmed. 
I am missing 1000 USD and nobody can confirm what happened. 

Answer from ING Bank

"According to the previously sent answer, any amount to be collected by means of the card is automatically processed upon receipt by the ING Bank card system. Following the checks performed both on your card and on the Visa platform, we did not find any "Cash card collection" transaction from the merchant or based on the code provided XXXXXXXXXX. I assure you that we have performed all the necessary checks to identify this amount and in the event that there would have been another error, we would have mentioned this aspect. Our recommendation is to request confirmation from Visa that the transaction was successful.

"

Answer from PayPal:

"We reviewed all the details of your claim. Based on the information we have to date, we'll have to deny your claim. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute."

What would you do in this case? Can I file a complaint with a legal authority in the country PayPal is registered?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Sean

Hello @raduboloveschi, Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that your withdrawal took 40 days to complete to your bank. If the status of your withdrawal is 'Completed', this means it has completed through our system. The withdrawal time frame is 2-5 business days but can take up to 30 days depending on your card/bank company. In some instances it can take up to 90 days. This all depends on the banks clearing process.

If you require further assistance, for the safety and security, please contact our customer support team via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, chat or phone.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

raduboloveschi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info @PayPal_Sean 

Apparently, there was a technical issue on the 10th of March in the market I am operating and that is why my transaction did not go through. I got this answer after contacting Support for the 5th time in the last 4 weeks. It would have been good to get this reply from the get-go or from one of the 3 calls I had with customer support. However, it seems that this information was not known by all support agents I talked to before the last one that actually knew what the issue was. 

Hope it will get solved soon. 

Login to Me Too

nicamanu
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue you shared with us. I withdrew EUR from Paypal balance to my Revolut Visa Card on 10th of March 2022 and never received it on my credit card. Paypal customer support is telling me the transaction was successfuly completed and they send me to my card issuing bank (Revolut) to solve this problem. Revolut is telling me the transaction reference no. provided to me by Paypal is not good and they can't find this transaction and I must contact Paypal. Only today, Paypal customer support told me that there was a general issue regarding some transactions made on 10th of March and I have to wait for the relevant team to finish the ongoing investigation. I also live in Romania. Maybe we can help each other getting a favorable solution to our problem.

Login to Me Too

raduboloveschi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @nicamanu 

Sad to hear that there are other users, also from Romania, that have encountered this issue. 

It's been almost 2 months, in one week, that the solution has not been fixed. 

I understand that there are technical issues with any IT platform, I work in the same field. But not fixing them for 2 months, when all the information and transactions are recorded in the system, is quite a poor service. Not to mention that I had to call and contact PayPal 5-6 times until they admitted there was an issue on that date and after sending me on a fool's errand to check with my bank and VISA, when in fact the issue was on PayPal side.

Just got yesterday another message that they will reach out again to the team working on it and I will get an update. 

Login to Me Too

raduboloveschi
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Sean 

Just to let you guys know, the issue is still not solved. 

Two support engineers confirmed that there was a technical issue on the 10th of March and that the issue will be solved. 

But we are getting now close to 3 months since the incident, and my transaction is still not processed or my money refunded.

Can you guys escalate this internally? 

I don't seem to find a way to escalate the situation, and 1 in 2 support engineers apparently are not aware of the issue that caused this. 

This was initial confirmation of the issue

"I understand you have a query in regards to a transfer you made on March 10, 2022. In regards to withdrawals made in your market, on March 10, 2022. There was a technical issue that we have become aware of, I am so sorry you are being affected by this issue. This has affected those who made a bank or card withdrawal on this date. Our technical team is currently working on this as a top priority and rest assured we will get this resolved as quickly as possible. "

Second confirmation that the issue will be solved:

"Radu, technical department gave us the updated just today that the withdrawals from 10th of March will be credited to customer's PayPal account balance. The refunds should be proceeded within next 10 business days."

What is going on there PayPal?

Login to Me Too

nicamanu
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Radu! I’m also still waiting for the refund from Paypal. It’s been almost three months now …
Login to Me Too

ShandyPress
Contributor
Contributor

The only way Paypal ever fixes problems like this is when the Attorney General gets involved.  Years ago, I actually had a high level Paypal executive personally call and apologize to me.  That was after the Attorney General contacted them.  I asked them why it took months of constant calls and pleas and finally the involvement of the Attorney General's office for me to get my money.  She had no answer.

Login to Me Too

raduboloveschi
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update, this got solved, on the 10th of June. My guess is that since there are so many transactions and so many customers, fixing such errors takes a lot of time. What would help is getting regular updates pro-actively from PayPal, and when calling them, to get consistent answers. However, working in Support industry myself, I understand that high turnover of people in the support teams can lead to situations when there are information gaps in such large organizations. In the end, I am glad it was solved, and that I didn't depend on the funds that were stuck. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.