No option to pay with paypal balance

Norfuer
Contributor
Contributor

So, I'm trying to purchase a domain and hosting with this site: https://wpx.net/

But I'm not getting the option to choose my Paypal balance. Instead, when I choose Paypal as a payment method, I only see my two linked debit cards on there, and both of them end up getting rejected.

The generated invoice is in USD, my balance is in USD, and I'm based in the Philippines.

I sent a screenshot (attached below) to their CSR and they told me that not having balance as an option was "unusual". They also said that my cards were rejected because my bank declined the transaction. So before I get in touch with my bank on getting my debit cards to work, I'd like to know if it's possible to figure out why my Paypal balance is not available.

I'd rather use Paypal honestly, since that's where all my money is. I only put money in my bank/debit accounts when a given merchant doesn't accept Paypal.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Screenshot_116.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Norfuer,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're facing issues while making a payment and it's understandable that you're worried. Not to worry! Our security system is made with complex algorithms which is aimed at protecting the account. Every time you make a payment from your PayPal account it goes through a series of filters to determine how much potential risk may be involved. It would have recognized an abnormality in the trend of your account or would have got triggered due to various other factors. If the system deems a payment to be a potentially high risk, the system may block the payment from going through or limit the payment options or which even might be the reason why PayPal balance is not appearing to select at the checkout.

Good Luck,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.