I sent my brother some money and he hasn't received it... What do I do
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rockinmom2 

Is he in same country/currency?

How did you send it friends/family or goods/services.

What does it say on the transaction in your paypal account?

How did you fund the paypal payment?

Is his a new account and has he verified his email address?

Have you double checked the email address to check there were no errors or typos?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rockinmom2
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah we're in the same state everything it was in the USD
Login to Me Too

rockinmom2
Contributor
Contributor
It says transaction completed and I sent it as friends family but he doesn't have it
Login to Me Too

rockinmom2
Contributor
Contributor
It's not a new account I've send you money before it shows all the other transactions in my activity log or history whatever you call it and yes his accounts been verified
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rockinmom2 

If you would like advice then can you answer the other 2 questions that i asked?

Have you double checked the email address to check there were no errors or typos?

How did you fund the paypal payment?

Secondly you said it says completed? If its a friends/family payment it normally says SENT.

So did you send it f/f or g/s and does it say completed/payment or sent?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bear54
Contributor
Contributor
My brother sent me money from his bank in a transfer PayPal says I received it. It’s not even pending there’s nothing there. PayPal told him I had to call, I did they told me he had to call??? What now this will be the second time he has sent me money this way so there should not be a problem, but now what?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Bear54,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community. I'm sorry to hear that you do not see a payment that was sent to you. I can imagine how frustrating that has been.

You mentioned that the payment was sent from his bank. Are you referring to a PayPal payment that was funded by his bank? Has he double-checked the email address to which he sent the payment? Is that email address confirmed in your PayPal account?

I would suggest that your brother send you a screenshot of the transaction so that you can review the address to which the payment was set and ensure that there are no typos and see the status of the payment. Please do not post that screenshot here, however. We want to keep all sensitive information safe, and the community is not a secure platform for sensitive info.

Once you have that screenshot, if the address is correct and the status shows that the payment is completed, please contact Customer Service. You can find contact options by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, or you can reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter

I hope that the screenshot helps you get to the bottom of why the payment is not received.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.