Make the Auto-Sweep feature available to all users

PhilChoquette
Contributor
Contributor

It's unfortunate that you have to get a business account simply to have your PayPal balance automatically transferred to your bank account. I don't need anything from the feature set of business accounts. Considering that this feature is already implemented, why not make it available to everyone with an on/off switch in your account?

Here's why it would be useful in my case as a non-business user:

I use Rakuten to get cash back on my online purchases. It is set up to transfer the funds to my PayPal balance at given intervals. Ideally, I'd like it to be automatically transferred to my bank account, so as to enjoy the decent interest rate it has, rather than rotting in my PayPal account, only to be used when I make a purchase.

Thumbs up if you agree and share your reasons of why this would be useful to you 😊

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sean

Hello @PhilChoquette, Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

Auto-Sweep is not currently available for personal accounts but you can upgrade your account to a Business account in the future if you wish to use this feature.

You can upgrade your account in just a few clicks!

Simply follow the steps below:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. Under 'Account options', click Upgrade to a Business account and follow the on-screen instructions.

Once you upgrade you'll be able to manage your PayPal account under your company's name, add additional users with separate login information and access rights, and take advantage of the wide range of other benefits of a PayPal business account.

Tips:

• You need to include a contact name on your Business account
  • Your business name appears on all PayPal payments and emails
  • Your account retains all of the transaction records and history

Keep an eye on your emails for updates if Auto-Sweep is added to personal accounts.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.